Thursday, 03 May 2007

Please Vodacom, Solve my Blogging nightmare!

We got up early this morning, after a late night. A frustrating one I might add. I wrote all my blog entries, with pictures and everything, but there was no way that I could post them. Blogger wasn't corresponding, or maybe it was Vodacom. Stayed up until 12pm, watched the moon, which shone beautifully upon us, and slept like a baby.

When I woke up, I was aching from head to toe, and my pack was still as heavy, unless you count a tuna sachet, and some provitas, but otherwise, still the same. We started on a brisk walk, but soon after, we had many ups and downs. The Magalies sure knows how to get a good workout out of us. We walked for quite some time before we rested for a snack and something to drink. I think we were moving pretty fast, but we seriously had to walk down one ridge, just to climb out the next, seemed never ending. Smog completely covers the city of Pretoria, until late morning. It's a sad state of affairs when one realizes, or experiences first hand the effects of global warming. I wonder sometimes, when will anybody listen, or take note of what surrounds them? When it's too late? Pity.

Came 1pm, I was knackered! I just wanted to get rid of the pack on my back, and sleep. No such luck though, we had a considerable way to go before we could set up camp. Eventually we came upon a house, built right on top of the mountain, which came just in the nick of time, because we were rapidly running out of water. We walked around, calling out for anyone, but the entire estate was deserted. We could see that somebody was definitely living there, but no answer. We filled up our water bottles, and waited around for somebody to come home. It seemed strange that there was nobody there, but we waited anyway, because it was time to set up camp, and we thought to ask if we could pitch our tent at the back near the tennis court. My late night has taken it's toll, and I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore, not to mention my aching body! I lay down on the lawn while we waited, had a little nap, but woke up quite unpleasantly, when the shadows had engulfed me, and left me shivering to the bone.

Finally, a man by the name of Nixon arrived. He told us that the owners don't live there permanently, and that he was looking after the place. We got the okay, set up camp, had enough water, and felt quite safe, sleeping under Nixon's watchful eye.

It was a beautiful night out, the city lights below us and the moon above.

Sweet dreams…