Sunday, 06 May 2007

SHARING, OBSERVING, AND MAGIC

We woke up, not so early, but what a lovely morning. It was great to share what we do with those we love so dearly. Tashy, thanx a million for treating us like gold, and it was amazing having you there. We had a brilliant breakfast consisting of steak on buns, coffee, and great company. Hope to see you again on this journey.

We only started hiking at around 1pm, and it was a great hike too. It's absolutely magnificent from way up here. I think I've left my fear of hights behind me for today. My body feels more at ease with the weight it has to carry, and I think today it doesn't really matter, because everything around me is just perfect.

When we reached the spot where the cable cars used to be (they don't seem to be in working order now), we decided to pick a spot and set up camp. We met a man who was just about to take off with his paraglider. We sat for a while watching him, as he was waiting for a strong enough breeze to give him enough to take off with.

It was magical, and it being Sunday, there were a lot of activity on the water too. I sat for hours just watching, and taking in the beauty that surrounds me. Below me were millions of people, all busy with their own lives, living their dream, and eventhough we don't know each other, we're all connected. Magic!

For the first time since we started our hike, it was freezing. We got to bed early, but I lay awake for a long time, watching the moon, and the lights below, wondering, thinking, knowing…