Thursday, 03 January 2008

CHAOS BEFORE LEAVING

Between collecting tents, laptops, GPS's, packing up everything we own to fit into a store room, and making sure that there are no loose ends, there is hardly any time to mentally prepare myself for our journey. It has been a long time since we've been on the road and I haven't done much to stay in shape, so I'm a bit worried, but I know it doesn't take too long to get back into that rhythm.
There's only a couple of things which we haven't sorted out, but we still have 2 more days in which to make it happen. I'm feeling frantic, as if I've forgotten something, but I guess now is not the time to worry about it. I have to thank my dear friend Neha, for finding ways to get us to Port Edward. This is not the first time you have come through for us and there are not enough ways in which to thank you girl! Welcome back to South Africa and I hope it will be an exhilirating 2 years for you.
It is always sad to leave behind family and friends when we go, and knowing that this is the beginning of another long trek around Africa, makes me a bit sad, because I got used to being home again.
Well, thank God for technology right, because everyone is always just a phone call or an e-mail away. Dante and Katryn seem to know something is up with all the packing that's going on. Their friends and family will miss them too, and I think Katryn, who has been glued to the desk in reception will find it equally difficult to get back in shape.