Monday, 07 January 2008

MTENTU CAMPSITE AND A DAY OFF

BEAUTIFUL ROCKS IN MTENTU AREA


PRIVATE BAY WHERE WE RELAXED FOR A WHILE

MARIA AND DANTE ANXIOUS TO GET DOWN TO THE BEACH, BEFORE THE PRECIOUS SUNLIGHT IS WASTED

We woke up to the sound of heavy rainfall, so I just turned on my other side and went right back to sleep. It felt great! I'm not even sure what day it is, and I love how time comes to a standstill here. Maria brought me a fantastic cup of coffee, but not even that coaxed me out of bed. It was only around 9am, when I decided to rise from the dead, as the sun was about to break through the clouds. The wind was a bit rough, but we were so extatic to have a sunny day, that we were out, and did some exploring along the rocks, lay like lizzards, soaking up the rays, and then we found the perfect little bay and went swimming in the ocean. It was beautiful! Strange though, that as I got older, I got a bit scared of what's in the water, especially going deeper. I would say it's definitely a case of watching too many Jaws movies...
Once we got back to the camp, we had the nicest shower. The showers at the campsite are really cool, but need some serious maintenance especially the reeds surrounding me, because it let's sufficient amounts of this severe wind outside through to chill my bones - not too comfy. The shower is solar operated, and this system also looks like it's been a while since it's been serviced. It's still great, somewhat warm, clean water, a beautiful view, and I'm totally energized.
We headed towards the kitchen to start our dinner, which was trying at times, because it was getting dark and inside the kitchen, even darker. Dinner was fabulous, and it was about time to settle in and just lay there thinking for a while. I have a lot to think about. So many things happened since we've started our hike, and so far, it seems that one coincidence after the other finds it's way into existence, affirming why we're here in the first place.
Sometimes, I get so wrapped up with that which I'm busy with, planning and strategizing, that I don't even remember to savour every minute and to enjoy this moment that I have before me, right now. This is how I miss these little coincidences, and how I forget to be what was intended for me.