Tuesday, 24 July 2007

REFLECTING AND LEARNING

JULY 24, 2007

Mike Said picked us up from the camp site around 8.30am today, and we went to his offices, situated close to the Marlboro off ramp, on the eastern side of Johannesburg. The traffic from here to there, is too congested for us to cycle the distance, and there is no way we could take the hi-way either, too dangerous, and we’re not allowed.
Our meeting went very well, and we have a clearer idea of how everything fits together, and more importantly, of how we’re going to set up our interactive communications network between towns in South Africa. David, who will be responsible for the design and layout, has come up with brilliant, workable ideas of how we could keep it simple yet effective.
I find that, in many ways, Mike is an amazing source of information and I value his guidance and coaching. I think back, only as far as a month ago, and there is a wave of relief and calm, that surges through me. That feeling of sheer hopelessness that I felt, when we knew exactly what it was that we wanted, but had no idea how to execute.
Well, once again, it is all good, if you do what you need to do, and not loose sight of your goals, the right circumstance will always present itself. It’s a good thing to be in a position where you can recognize such possibilities. Anyway, so I had a really good day as far as learning’s concerned.
Dante and Katryn enjoyed our little outing, and everyone at the offices loved them too. This is the life they know, I guess, meeting new people, and being in a new place every other day. They have a friend in almost every town or city that we passed through, and who knows what their take on the whole thing is, but they seem to be content out there in the open.
I didn’t really get any training done so far today, but I will do an hour movement/dance, and some stretching before I go to bed. Today was a good one, I’m satisfied…
Sweet dreams